61 Different Ideas For Self Care & A Happy Mind
Finding ideas for self care can be a challenge.
Let alone trying to create healthy habits to be the functioning person we need to be.
However, it’s one of those challenges that you can’t just ignore. Because you can’t pour from an empty cup.
These days trying to care for yourself sometimes seems impossible.
& in my own experience, self care is the catalyst to living a meaningful life.
The importance of taking care of yourself is astronomical.
Looking for a game changer? Create habits that positively impact your mind, body, & soul.
These 61 different ideas/examples for self care are only just a start.
Don’t get overwhelmed by thinking you need to do it all. But, get excited about taking care of yourself!
Choose what you think will work well for you and see how it goes! What doesn’t work, can always be changed for something different.
Just make sure you don’t beat yourself up at all in the process, regardless of how much you may or may not accomplish.
- Start fresh every single day.
- Set boundaries for yourself and build trusting relationships with other people.
- Cut back on sugar. (soda was the biggest struggle for me)
- Allow yourself mistakes, but always learn from them what you can.
- Drink 1/2 of your body weight (in ounces) of WATER daily.
- Focus more on positive than the negative by reminding yourself to be grateful for every little thing you have.
- Socialize however is most comfortable for you. Avoid the lonely bug.
- Be open to trying new things.
- Adopt a “you are what you eat” mentality.
- Give people the best you & put your phone away when you are around other people.
- Continuously be active ( even if it’s just simple stretching.)
- Dance more. Dancing has been proven to stimulate the brain in all the good ways!
- Quit taking things personal. Avoid letting others opinions effect your decisions.
- Speak kind & encouraging words to yourself.
- Remove yourself from toxic people and situations.
- Read something positive every day, whether it be a blog post, article, or a self help book.
- Take 30 minutes to yourself to do whatever you want, everyday.
- Use the word NO & YES when and where necessary.
- Be present.
Lead a positive life.
- Strive for the things that make you happy.
- Every morning and every night, tell yourself that your thankful for your life.
- If your not, then do something about it.
- Explore more options.
- Don’t be afraid of rejection, we all get rejected.
- Listen to music every day.
- If you can’t change it, let it go.
- Give and get a hug from someone you trust.
- Eat what you want, in moderation.
- Surround yourself with people who inspire you.
- Consolidate your debt.
- Apologize to those you have wronged.
- Own up to your own mistakes & apologize for being wrong.
- Don’t run from anxiety, instead learn to overcome it.
- Eat something yummy.
- Love your children and/ or the people around you and tell them that daily.
- Take care of your lungs
- Cook yourself at least one meal a day.
- Don’t avoid daily mental health checks.
- Learn something new everyday. #knowledgeispower
- Say “thank-you” often
- Manage your madness. (Don’t lie, we all deal with a little madness) Allow yourself to feel the feels, but don’t act on them in a way that will hurt you once the feeling has passed.
- Get your mindset focused where it needs to be.
- Don’t allow yourself to sink into negative emotions. Allow yourself bad days but don’t unpack and life there.
- Brush your teeth and make your bed first thing. Every. Single. Day. Even if you do nothing else– do these things. It will make a world of difference.
- Rest…Couch days are so appropriate.
- Make your home a place you actually want to be.
- Be ok with the mess sometimes. Even if you struggle with OCD, you can let the mess go sometimes.
Tell yourself something positive every time you look in the mirror.
- Listen to your body.
- Make it a habit to get at the very least 6 hours of sleep, for some of us I know that’s hard- But, you can do it!
- Stand up for yourself and what you feel is right, always.
- Wash your hands, a lot.
- Practice deep breathing & meditation.
- Be authentic. Being yourself is one of the most important habits.
- Journal! I cannot say enough good things about what writing has done for my mental health. It has helped me so much!
- Let go of fear.
- Pray more.
- Understand constructive criticism and learn to appreciate it.
- Remind yourself everyday that you are worthy.
- Love other people! A massive part of loving yourself is loving other people in a healthy way. When it feels hard to love yourself or to love other people, remember where your strength comes from.
When it comes down to how we feel & how we make others feel, love conquers all.
These self care ideas came off the top of my head in such a short amount of time! It makes me feel confident that there are plenty more ideas out there that can help you, if you cant find something that will help you on here.
Each small step can truly make a change if you allow it to.
The amazing thing about this life is that we get a choice everyday to make each day great.
Today i encourage you to fight for what you think is right. Choose to make the right choices for you–even when others don’t like it.
You deserve so much more than a half lived life. You deserve a life full of love, peace, and enjoyment.
Take care of yourself, friend. This world needs a healthy you!❤️