60 Self Care Habits
In today’s society, self care can be a challenge anymore; let alone trying to create healthy habits to be the well functioning person we feel we need to be.
This day in age being yourself while trying to care for yourself sometimes seems impossible.
In my own experience, self care habits are the catalyst to living a meaningful life.
Creating habits that positively impact mind, body, AND soul equally can be a real game changer.
Self care is one of the most important habits you can create.
- Start fresh every single day.
- Build trusting relationships by setting boundaries for yourself
- Cut back on sugar.
- Allow yourself mistakes, but always learn from them what you can.
- Drink 1/2 of your body weight (in ounces) of WATER daily.
- Focus more on positive than the negative
- Be open to trying new things.
- Adopt a “meatless Monday” mentality.
- Put your phone away when you are around other people.
- Start being active ( even if it’s just simple stretching.)
- Dance more.
- Avoid letting others opinions effect your decisions.
- Don’t ever beat yourself up. We are all human.
- Remove yourself from toxic people and situations.
- Read something positive every day, whether it be a blog post, article, or a self help book.
- Take 30 minutes to do whatever you want, everyday.
- Use the word NO & YES when and where necessary.
- Be present.
Lead a positive life.
- Strive for the things that make you happy.
- Every morning and every night, tell yourself that your thankful for your life.
- If your not, then do something about it.
- Explore more options.
- Don’t be afraid of rejection, we all get rejected.
- Listen to music every day.
- If you can’t change it, let it go.
- Give and get a hug from someone you trust.
- Eat what you want, in moderation.
- Surround yourself with people who inspire you.
- Consolidate your debt.
- Apologize to those you have wronged.
- Own up to your mistakes.
- Eat some chocolate.
- Love your children and/ or the people around you and tell them that daily.
- Take care of your lungs
- Cook atleast one meal a day.
- Don’t avoid mental health checks.
- Learn something new everyday.
- Say “thank-you” often
- Manage your madness. (Don’t lie, we all deal with a little madness)
- Get your mind focused where it needs to be.
- Don’t allow yourself to sink into negative emotions. Allow yourself bad days but don’t unpack and life there.
- Brush your teeth and make your bed first thing. Every. Single. Day. Even if you do nothing else– do these things. It will make a world of difference.
- Couch days are so appropriate.
- Make your home a place you actually want to be.
- Be ok with the mess sometimes.
Tell yourself something positive every time you look in the mirror.
- Listen to your body.
- Make it a habit to get ATLEAST 6 hours of sleep, for some of us I know that’s hard- But, you can do it!
- Stand up for yourself and what you feel is right, always.
- Wash your hands, a lot.
- Prioritize stress management.
Being yourself is one of the most important habits.
- Live in a state of grace.
- Let go of fear.
- Pray more.
- Understand constructive criticism and learn to appreciate it.
- Remind yourself everyday that you are worthy.
After a little bit of thought this morning, I felt the need to share these habits that I have been making the changes to live by! They came off the top of my head within a matter of 10 minutes, (which should be a record by the way)!! After reading through what I wrote I found validation in every single little thing.
Each small step can truly make a change if you allow it to.
The amazing thing about this life is that we get a choice.
Today i encourage you to fight for what you think is right and to make the right choice for you–even when others don’t like it. You deserve so much more than a half lived life.
Take care of yourself, friend. This world needs a healthy you!❤️